Saturday, September 18, 2010

Life, Death, & Saying Goodbye Too Soon

Dear Bloggie,
    Back in July -- July 9th to be exact -- I had posted about a hectic week. One filled with sun burns, earaches, messed up Chinese food orders, and one very sad diagnoses of cancer in one of my fellow JL's (Junior Leaders). Sadly, I'm sure you can guess why I an mentioning it. At 11:05, September 16th, 2010, fifteen-year-old Odyssey Vargas passed away after battling cancer. She was diagnosed in early July and died mid-September. She didn't even make it three months. Not even three months. Thankfully she did make it ton her 15th birthday. She turned 15 on September 9th. 


  I for one am not a big supporter of religions. I'm more a "believe what you want" type of person. So no matter what you believe in, if you're religious or not. You don't even have to be American. All I ask is that you keep Odyssey in your minds and -- if you are religious -- prayers. If you aren't just wish her the best at where-ever you go after death. That's what I'm doing. hoping that she has found peace and that she is no longer in pain. I hope she lives on some-where. She deserves to be alive. 


R.I.P. Odyssey 

~XOXO, 
       Libby

0 comments:

Post a Comment