Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Delfina

Dear Bloggie,

     If I don’t get this out now I’m going to go crazy! I was about to go to sleep when I decided to check my inkpop and Facebook. Nothing new on inkpop, but on Facebook I had a friend request. From Delfina. Yes, my old best friend. I thought I would never see her again in my life. Not in a I-don’t-want-to-see-her-ever-again way, but in a she-lives-in-Argentina-and-the-odds-of-us-ever-talking-again-are-slim-to-none. But still, here I am writing down the fact that we did talk.

     The thing about Delfina was that she was one of my first friends outside the people I consider my family. When she left for Argentina when we were 3 or 4 I was upset, but then she came back for Kindergarten. Our friendship wasn't the same and we fought a lot. Not real fighting, but she and I argued and sometimes tried to exclude each other. Neither one of us are innocent though, I’m not proud of my past. But still, after my old school closed down and she moved to Argentina, it was her – not Veronica, my other best friend who Delfina and I constantly fought over for her attention – who tried to contact me. Sadly I wasn’t home when she called and felt uncomfortable calling back out of fear that someone besides her would pick up. That was the end. Or so I thought.

       She might come in visit next year which is great. I would love to see her. We all had our roles to play. Out of the three off us, Veronica was the center of attention. She was wild and could make people do things. I guess she was the Queen Bee. Delfina was the pretty one though. Veronica had the outgoing personality, but Delfina was defiantly the pretty one. I was looking at her pictures and that defiantly has not changed. She’s way always about my height – something that seems to be the same – and has long wavy light brown hair with light blue-grey eyes and an olive complexion. I always wished I could look more like her. Last but not least was me. I was the quiet, slightly bossy, and boy crazy one. I always had a crush and tried to tell people what to do. Sometimes it worked, sometimes it didn’t. Still I for the most part kept to myself.

    Something I always found funny was how our birthdays fell. Delfina came first, born of February 3, 1996. Then there’s me, born on March 13, 1996. And last, but defiantly not least, there is Veronica, born April 6, 1996. February, March, April. One after another. If I could go back I don’t know what I would have done. Stayed friends with Nicole? Defiantly. Stayed friends with Delfina? I think so…if my excitement from hearing from her is any indication. Stayed friends with Veronica? That’s another story. What happened with us at school is forgivable, how we changed when we met up at camp is another story. But she seems to have changed again. I think Delfina put it best. when we went to school Veronica was like a Barbie. Now she’s changed a lot. Looking at her pictures I see she’s a punk and looks like she’s a rocker. You know what. I’m going to post a photo of all three of us so you can see how different we are from each other.

me grad redhead

ME

Veronica

Veronica

 

Delfina

Delfina

     We quite the motley crew aren't we? Still, it’s good to know that we all have changed and grown up. Maybe all we need to do id give each other a chance. Veronica seems like someone I would actually like and Delfina seems to want to really get know me again. I hope this works out. It can be fun. :)

     ~Libby

0 comments:

Post a Comment