Saturday, January 22, 2011

Outlining: Part One Done

Dear Bloggie,
        Guess what? I outlined the first part of my book today! That's one third outlined! Well, sorta. I used flash cards (a writing tip I read in a book once) to write down scenes. Now I know what my plot is to work off of. It's only the first half (up to the part where she decides to...[no spoilers!]) but at least it's something. I know how the last half goes, but it's the middle part that's going to be hard. I normally never really know what is going on in the middle. Oh poop.
     Still, I have a while before I even have to start outlining that. I'm only on chapter three (though it's my goal to finish it tonight) and have written a total of sixteen cards,  meaning I probably have six to eight chapter of material (that would bring me to ten chapters for the first part). That in mind, I'll probably end up with around twenty-five to thirty chapters in total. At around 2,500 words a chapter (around my average), that's about 70,000 words, 300 pages. Not bad. Becoming was almost 400 and over 90,000 words. On average, a YA manuscript is 50,000 to 80,000 words. This book should fit that bracket perfectly.
    I really need to stop procrastinating. I can do all
the math in the world (with a calculator since I suck at math) on how many pages my book will be and how many words I will write, but at the end of the day, if I don't write anything nothing is going to happen! I'm like the biggest procrastinator! I'm writing about procrastination, all the while procrastinating on writing my book! *Sigh* More more later. (Much later, like after I have written chapter three!).

      ~Ariana

0 comments:

Post a Comment