Sunday, May 2, 2010

The Best Day



Hey Guys,
So yesterday I was all excited because of my realization and determination. Well, I’m still excited! Last night I stayed up until 6:30am working on an outline of the novel so I know what is going to happen and so. For the first time I knew everything. I didn’t have one doubt except for some names, but those doubts were resolved with my baby name book that I swiped from my aunt last year and old Celtic/ Irish names on the internet.

I can feel it; this is my story to tell. I still have a lot of work to do though. But I’m not worried. Lat night (this morning to noon actually) I had a dream that I finished the book. I’m taking that as a good omen. So I decided to look up dream meaning and this is what I got.
dream interpretation
meaning of dream
In our daily life, books are a source of information and a place to gain knowledge. They can be inspirational, and their messages are sometimes so strong that they change our lives. The books in our dreams can represent our memories, learned understanding, ideas, or viewpoints. They can alert us to the fact that we have something new to learn and that we should spend time on mastering new tasks. Pay attention to what kind of book you are seeing in your dream and its purpose in the larger context of the dream. Also, note reading any passages or specific messages from the book. At times the book may be pointing to new themes or purposes in your life. Pay attention! The unconscious mind is constantly making attempts to communicate with the conscious in such ways that the dreamer will recognize it without panic or denial. Superstition-based dream interpretations say that if you are dreaming of books, you can be assured of slow but steady progress in your life

dream interpretation
meaning of dream
Writing is a means of communication. In dreams it may be a symbol of communicating with others, but it mostly represents communication with oneself. If you are writing in a dream or reading someone else's writing, it may be an unconscious effort to become aware of forces or issues in life. Writing is a secondary form of communication. Speaking is more direct and less cumbersome for most. Thus, the written message in your dream may be disguised or may be less genuine than other forms of receiving information from the unconscious. You may be trying to figure something out and this might be the first step in that process.

So yeah, have no idea if this has anything to do with me…but whatever. I guess with writing I am trying to figure things out, and with it being a book it can be my view points and that I have something new to learn. The book was Ever’s story (I don’t know why but I keep calling my books by its main character’s name) so its purpose was to inform about my ideas and how I will write this book. But I think it’s the last part about books that is best. I am on a slow but steady progress in my life.

I’m still not talking to Serena, but I’ll be ok Life can suck, but high school will be better. I’m falling Math, Science, and have D’s in history and Geography. I have NEVER had grades like this before. But Friday I got an 87 on my Math quiz, and let me tell you, it felt awesome! It was ten question and I got one wrong and three points off another because I forgot to put the “x” variable in the problem. Just a stupid mistake, nothing big. Life is getting better. Yesterday my Mom brought me to Old Wethersfield. It is this old historic town in the not too far from the Silas Dean Highway.

You would never know. All the houses are historic and can not be changed so it looks like the town is frozen in different times. Some in the pilgrim times, some in the colonial times, and some in the Victorian/ turn of the century (early 1900’s). But what was really special was that she brought me to Wethersfield Cove. She said that used to be her place when she got away, and now she was sharing it with me. Yesterday was like that song The Best Day by Taylor Swift. I have had so much drama and friend problems, but in the end of the day I still have my mom. We didn’t argue or anything. I was perfect. I wrote this poem when I got home.


Thank You
Years go by
We fight
You drive me crazy
I return the favor

I’m growing up
And you’re scared
You see I’m no longer a baby
Nevertheless you can’t let go

But today
Today was good
Today life was simple
Today was with you

You showed me your old hide away
You passed it on
Now it’s mine
Or at least it will be
When I can drive

Thank you
For making me forget
For making memories
For being there when no one else was



~XOXO,
Carrie

P.S Here is my favorite quote from the song “The Best Day” by Taylor Swift.



I'm thirteen now and don't know how my friends could be so mean
I come home crying and you hold me tight and grab the keys
And we drive and drive until we found a town far enough away
And we talk and window shop 'til I've forgotten all their names

I don't know who I'm gonna talk to now at school
But I know I'm laughing on the car ride home with you
Don't know how long it's gonna take to feel okay
But I know I had the best day with you today

0 comments:

Post a Comment