Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Don't Shoot! I Come Bearing Gifts

Dear Bloggie,
     It's been a while since I last blogged. Life has been hectic. I've been trying to write (that's going OK) but I'm only on chapter five. The first chapter is here on inkpop. That's all I'm putting up until I've finished the book. I've made more friends at school. They're the type I don't go into detail about to my mom. There used to be a time where I thought if you did drugs, drank alcohol under-age, and had sex outside a real relationship, you were a bad person. Over the years that idea has changed, but was until I started high school that I actully met people who do all three. Most importantly, I have friends who do all three. *gasp* I know, what shame and shock! But seriously, all joking aside, they aren't bad people.

     Let's use this girl I know named Holly (not real name) as an example. She does weed, has taken ecstasy, and probably has tried other things. She's not an addict to anything, but she sure as hell has dabbled in a lot. I was talking to her and this guy named Hayden (real name) I know. They had gone to the mall one day with her friend Jennifer (I can't remember the girl's real name) and Jennifer had given Hayden a, well, you know, under the table with her hand. He said she wasn't good at it and Holly said she was going to have to teach Jennifer better. Even though  love how I have met people who are so free and unafraid of saying things like this without thinking, I wasn't quite sure what to say. But what I find really interesting is that I don't think less of Holly for having an sexual history at only the age of fifteen. Because I know her and know what she's like, I don't consider her a slut, even though I have considered other girls that for a lot less. I just thought it was interesting how we, as people, can have double standards and not always realize it.

    Now, onto non-sexually related topics. I had no school today because of Presidents Day (though I do have school for the rest of the week because of the over kill of snow days that caused the school to take away our February vacation) so I watched TV all day. MTV had on five hours of My Super Sweet Sixteen: Blingest Bash 2 Countdown, parts 1 though 5. I, being a My Super Sweet Sixteen fanatic, watched all of it. Well, almost all. During the last hour I became distracted.

    Next month, March 13th, is my fifteenth birthday. As much as I enjoy being fourteen (I've decided it's one of my top five favorite ages -- the list doesn't only include ages I have been, but also ones I'm looking forward to) I must age to fifteen. Plus, ageing to fifteen means I'm only a year away from being my favorite age and the age I've been looking forward to being for years: sixteen.

    I've known for years that I was going to have a masquerade for my sweet sixteen, but, while I watched the marathon today, I realized that I also wanted to rock out. I came up with this phrase that embodies what I want: I want to party like a Victorian rockstar. Of course, "Victorian" and "rockstar" don't really go together. So, I decided to Google it and see how these two things could be merged. I know, let me Google that for you. As you can see, it brought me to a very awesome thing that, while I love, never crossed me mind for some stupid reason: Steampunk!

    After spending an thirty minutes trying to explain steampunk to my mom (which is why I won't explain it here; instead, if you have no idea what I'm talking about, just check this and this and this out) she agreed that she liked that idea, though she is a bit apprehensive. I think she's mostly apprehensive because what she took away from my explanation is that it's "Poor and dirty Victorian England. Like when Jack the Ripper was around". I'm not sure that I like her comparing my party theme to Jack the Ripper. I'm also not sure how I'm going to pull it off, but I'm sure I'll get by with a little help from my friends.

    Officially, my party theme is a steampunk masquerade, or "A Clockwork Ball". No, I didn't come up with the name. When I was doing research to try to explain to my mom what steampunk is, I came across this party people throw down in North Carolina by the same name. I've decided to throw my own for my birthday. I wanted to host my party at this place called The Pound House, but I'm not sure how I'm going to decorate it to go with my theme. It's this restaurant in the middle of Elizabeth Park in Hartford. But not grungy Hartford, I mean rich Hartford. Around that area there are streets of mansions, all equip with tall, spiky fences and long drive ways. When I drive by, I like to imagine what it would be like to live there and have grown up there. I never can, but I always try.

     Now, onto the gifts part. First, is my FSotN (Favorite Song of the Now).



    I just love this song! I've loved Panic! At the Disco since they came out, but their second CD just didn't do it for me. The first was fun and full of music that made me want to dance. Like "I Write Sins Not Tragedies" and "Lying Is The Most Fun A Girl Can Have Without Taking Her Clothes Off" and "The Only Difference Between Martyrdom And Suicide Is Press Coverage" and "London Beckoned Songs About Money Written By Machines" and "Time To Dance" and "But It's Better If You Do" and "There's A Good Reason These Tables Are Numbered Honey, You Just Haven't Thought Of It Yet" and "Build God, Then We'll Talk" and "Nails For Breakfast, Tacks For Snacks" and "I Constantly Thank God For Esteban" and  of course "Camisado". OK, I just named the whole CD. Yeah, I loved it a lot. But then they came out with a second CD and it was totally different and I just didn't really like it. It was older, more inspiration form classic rock like the Beatles then modern rock. While I love the Beatles (as you can tell from my little sorta-but-still-not-so-hidden reference to them in one of the earlier paragraphs) it just wasn't what I wanted or expected.

     But after hearing the single for "The Ballad of Mona Lisa" (video above) I am just so excited. The video also is helping me with inspiration for my party, seeing as it is done in steampunk fashion. You see, more Victorian rockstar colliding things. Yay!

    Two more gifts. The first is a picture of my new hair color. 


                        Before                                                                     After
Year book photo with my red/brown hair.
I had paid extra for them to take out my
zits in the year book photo...
 ...I wish I could do the same with my camera. You don't get the full
effect of the black color in this picture, but it's pretty dark. 

My bathroom lighting is just sucky so you can't really tell. 














I found both these pictures on Cat's blog, but I loved them so much that I had to reblog them. 

.
I have this picture saved on my computer as
"Johnny Depp And His Multiple Personality Disorder".


So true, so sad. I Feel bad for these new generations.

     Hope this makes up for my long absence. I'll try to be better from now on. Hopefully. Who knows.

                                               ~XOXO,
                                                          Ariana

1 comments:

The Divine Writer said...

Hey Ariana!
How are you? I just wanted to let you know that you are a beautiful woman and shouldn't even be worrying about who's doing what and who had sex with whom. At fifteen, I was focused on getting into college and keeping my GPA and worrying about just even GETTING a boyfriend. That was about... oh, maybe a few years after you were born! I was an 80's kid myself. :) Nowadays, teenagers should be smart enough to say no to anything harmful that comes their way.

With the people who think that they are free to say the things they are thinking without thinking about what they are saying (I hope you got that)... I would say, "I'd never be caught saying something like that or else I'd get a bar of soap in my mouth." (and it's true, too!) Some people, even as adults, act or say things without thinking. I even had that problem, and sometimes I would say something to someone at the wrong time and it would hurt someone's feelings. It also sometimes is the way some kids/adults were brought up. I mean, I know people who swear like it's in their regular vocabulary. And it shouldn't be. As a writer, I hope that you do base a character off of one of these few people and show them how bad that they're acting.

Congrats on becoming sixteen! Driving is an awesome ritual. And I think your party idea sounds great. Kind of reminds me of the video "All the Right Moves" from Onerepublic. That's exactly what I thought of when you said "Victorian" and "Rockstar".

Anyway, just remember what I said. High school should be fun, but just go through life being responsible and you won't have a problem. :)

Post a Comment